Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Rock and My Fortress


I have this photo and rock on my desk.  It reminds me daily to just BREATHE as God is my rock and fortress.  And that as a family, may we focus on growing spiritually together.  It is so easy to grow your faith (singularly) as an individual. But as you walk in your marriage, it is a commitment to grow your family's faith, your prayer life, to study God's word as you walk together.

Start wherever you can. Just try praying together over dinner, grab each other's hands and starting talking to God aloud with one another. Take out your bible, put it out where it is accessible and commit to just reading a little bit each night together.  (okay- I AM GUILTY, SO GUILTY of walking solo... SO LET'S ALL DO THIS TOGETHER!  JOIN ME!)

TRY STARTING HERE:  Reading this aloud together.  Or if you're single- Jump in with us and grow your faith too!

PSALM 18: The Lord is my Rock and my Fortress

I love you, O Lord my Strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
and I am saved from my enemies.  

The cords of death encompasses me,
the torrents of destruction assailed me,
the cords of Sheol entangled me;
the snares of death confronted me.

In my distress I called upon the Lord;
to my God I cried for help.
From his temple he heard my voice,
and my cry to him reached his ears.

I love this Psalm. If you can- read the entire Psalm 18.  We are reminded of so much in this royal Psalm.  What I love about the Book of Psalms is that they are all songs. They are to be sung out to the Lord in worship. They are intimate cries to the Lord. HE HEARS YOUR CRY- It reaches His ears.  Remember that. Hold on to that.  He is your strength- Your ROCK. 


No comments: